Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default trouble with installer - 03-01-2011, 08:15 PM

Hi I am having problems getting the dell mini to boot from the usb stick its works fine on my desk top pc, On the dell mini I get a rotating cursor for a few seconds in the top left of the screen the it boots windows. I have all the setting in the bios set properly, and I know that it will run OSX ok. Any help appreciated. Mike

Last edited by mikemelbrooks; 03-01-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: clarification
  (#2) Old
Default 03-05-2011, 02:46 PM

well having played around with this for afew days It seems that the hard drive I was using was the problem" a crucial c300" Next stop was a kernel panic. Mike
  (#3) Old
Default 03-07-2011, 03:11 AM

Sometimes when I boot from a usb on my 10v I have to disable the HDD in bios...can't remember what the keyboard command is but I think it's the shift + another button like 1. It tells you what to do to change priority and such on the right in bios anyways.

Turning off the HDD from the list and making sure that the usb is the 1st priority, and hitting f12 during reboot and still choosing the usb helps too. Don't know if this helps any, but good luck.

10v | N270 | 2gb RAM | OS X 10.6.7 | 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD | BT | Wifi N | NBI RC4 Special | Apple magic mouse |

« Any updates on 10.6.7 on mini10v | Mini 10v wifi adapter does not work with channel 13? »