Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Anyone upgrade from OS 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 recently? - 02-28-2011, 04:04 AM

....using the Apple combo update?

I installed 10.6.3 creating the USB stick with a Mac Mini and applying the latest version of Netbook installer 0.8.5pre

That worked fine except for the problem previously mentioned that the progress bar sort of stops in mid stream.

But in the end everything I tried seemed to work.

I then decided to upgrade to 10.6.4 using the Apple combo upgrade -that install took forever, again with the progress bar moving this time, but in huge steps - eventually I got to the point wjere it looked something was being uploaded to Apple's software server, probably to identify which version of OS this particular Mac had running.
That uplaod didn't ever get to the end, it stopped at "1 minute left" and just sat there.
So I decided to run Netbook installer again, it didn't complete the progress bar either so after some time which I thought was adequate for the install, I shut down the Mini and rebooted.

Well, it wouldn't come up - got a message that some file or folder in the library couldn't be found.

So I just erased the whole hard drive and ran the whole installation frm scratch again.

Now the question - what's the best way to upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4?
Has Apple done anything to prevent that upgrade from loading on a Netbook?
I upgraded my other Netbook that way maybe six month ago or so and everything went fine.
Don't remember the exact steps however.

The only difference now is that I use a recent 10.6.4 combo update and a later version of netbook installer.

I also have another strange problem I have never had on the other 10v.
When I close the lid, the Netbook doesn't really go to sleep - the display shuts off but the LED at the left front stays lit insread of slowly blinking and when I open the netbook again, the display comes back on but there is no cursor.
The cursor only comes back when I push the power button.

Mini 10V, OSX 10.6.4, 1GB RAM, 320GB/7200 HD, BT, WiFi

« is nickelodeon version the same? is osx install too complex for a novice user? | Any Shortcuts to install OS X on second Mini 1011? »