Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Ethernet Dell Mini 10v 10.6.6 terribly slow - 02-19-2011, 01:38 PM

I am new to hackintoshing the Dell Mini and i'm not sure if i have to take this problem as it is or if there's a fix:

The connection over ethernet is terribly slow. I wanted to use it to create the first Time Machine backup on my Time Capsule. But first the Time Capsule isn't reachable through Bonjour so i connected to it via afp://TIMECAPSULEIP and tried to backup it that way. But this is like said before really slow. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thank you
  (#2) Old
Default 02-19-2011, 04:45 PM

How slow? Does it tell the actual speed? 11 MBytes/s would be expected for a 100Mbit network connection when performing a transfer with low-overhead. High overhead connections or wireless will be slower.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 02-20-2011, 02:13 PM

max. 400kb/s... thought this could be a driver problem? read something about a driver only supporting half duplex but i am not that into this.

« need advice on upgrading from 10.6 | hackintosh keyboard shortcuts remap - moveWordBackward, moveWordForward not working »