Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default NBI 0.8.3 RC5 issues - 02-03-2011, 12:59 AM

It seems I'm far behind the crowd here having last installed NBI 0.8.3 RC5 on my Dell 10v/1011 (OS 10.5.8).

All in all it works fine. In fact, the few issues I have I'm afraid to try to solve for fear of messing everything up and ending up with a completely dysfunctional 10v.

Here are my issues for what it's worth.

1. I got myself an external CD/DVD drive with which I successfully installed iWork '09. No problem. Then I attempted to do an “Archive and Install” with my retail Leopard installation DVD. That didn't work. In fact, that's when I discovered in my System Preferences that the Startup Disk preference doesn't recognize my 10v's hard drive or the OSX disk on the external drive = puzzling. Btw, I'm trying to reinstall the operating system because I'm missing, DVD Player. Otherwise, I wouldn't care.

2. I always have to remember to eject my external backup hard drive and any flash drive BEFORE I put the 10v to sleep, or I get that message telling me that I didn't remove the device properly when I wake it up.

3. The screen's resolution is apparently less than the minimum required to run Photoshop Elements. I figure there's no way around this, but I thought I'd mention it.

4. I'm happy staying with OS 10.5.8, but should I upgrade NBI? If so, to what version, and where do I find the instructions for doing this?

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

(#2) Old
Default 02-03-2011, 01:16 AM

Startup Disk in system prefs doesn't work in hackintosh.

You could use vlc as an alternative to DVD player.

10v, N80, 1 Gig ram, 160 Gig HD, A06 /Windows XP / SL 10.6.6 NBI 0.8.4 Special/ Linux Mint |
Please use my Dropbox Invite link:

Last edited by Oscar; 02-06-2011 at 11:50 PM.

dell 10v 1011, nbi 0.8.3 rc5, os 10.5.8

« Is it possible to hackintosh a dell inspiron mini 1080p? | NBI showing three options instead of my HD »