Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Help! - 01-29-2011, 01:14 AM

The story so far..

IpPurchased a Dell Mini 10v from ebay with OSX 10.6.5 pre-installed (worked great) But NO OSX DVD Came with it. (This is important)

Replaced the hard disk with a much large one, installed XP, and the used gparted to copy the HFS+ partiton back. eveything was great.

Then though (Why am I wasting the origional hard disk that just had OSX on it, so I placed it in an external usb caddy and used gparted to shrink the drive. (...what great idea that on)

I turned on my machine this morning (its been working great ) and i got the blue screen thing just before the login dialogue. (you know you can see the desktop between flashes). This may be the result of a repair privileges operation I did at the suggestion of someone.

I can copy my original partiton back (which works) but now its very very small, so there is hardly any free space.

I'm new to Mac's so any help would be great

I would guess that I need to re-create an HFS+ partion on my new big drive, and then somehow copy the small HFS+ partiton (now in a caddy) back.

How can i do this.

Please help me guys

« Problem with booting into 10.6.2 after Software Update (Cross on Apple logo boot) | Weird keyboard issue »