Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Odd Sleep Noise after upgrade to 10.6.5/6.6 - 01-11-2011, 09:27 PM

I successfully upgraded my 10v A06 from 10.6.2 to 10.6.5 (combo), then to 10.6.6, all with the 51 NBI. Sound took several reboots to get back, but it's working now, as is Wifi.

Lid Sleep technically works, however it's not perfect. The screen will turn off, and the harddrive and the rest of the computer seem to go to sleep, but there's an odd ultra-high-pitch noise coming from the center of the laptop. 10.6.2 didn't make any sound at all when i closed the lid; it was as if all moving parts had turned off. Now, the computer wakes up way too fast for it to be turning everything off like before, not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

The power LED still blinks slowly on and off as usual. It does take several seconds longer to go into sleep-mode after closing the lid than before. Also, the battery life appears to be decreased. I usually show around 7-8 hours of life with a full charge; now showing 5-6 and running down quicker.

Has anyone else notice this odd sleep behavior? Obviously I don't expect everything to work perfectly, but if there's an easy fix that'd be great. This problem was first noticed with 10.6.5; I upgraded to 10.6.6 to see if that would solve it but it didn't.

(#2) Old
Default 01-12-2011, 10:36 PM

I had a similar issue. For a short time after updating to 10.6.6, there would be a popping noise both when I put the Mini to sleep, as well as when it woke back up.

I didn't do anything to address this issue, just haven't got around to looking for a solution, but it doesn't to it anymore.... (I also used the NBI ending in.. 51).

10v, N80, 1 Gig ram, 160 Gig HD, A06 /Windows XP / SL 10.6.6 NBI 0.8.4 Special/ Linux Mint |
Please use my Dropbox Invite link:

« Keyboard and track-pad don't work OS X mini 10v | Mac App Store »