Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#11) Old
Default 01-10-2011, 10:16 PM

I would second the suggestion for completing the upgrades one step at a time. I was on 10.6.3, downloaded the new NBI version made for 10.6.4 and updated the 10.6.4 combo by downloading it (not through SU). Then, I re-ran NBI, downloaded 10.6.5 combo update and repeated the process. Again, for 10.6.6 I repeated the process once again and repaired permissions afterwards for good measure. Everything works flawlessly and I have noticed that the odd sound problems I experience in 10.6.3 (occasionally after restart no sound) have been solved.
  (#12) Old
Default 01-18-2011, 09:12 PM

What I have done is I runned lastest NBI on 10.6.3 0.8.5pre or something
Than Combo update to 10.6.6. With Normal boot it will Kernal Panic so type at startup recovery=y . But on my second 10v that didn;t work because i could not type recovery=y so I grabbed a 16GB USB disk and putted the snow install disk on it with newest NBM and opened installation screen. I went to tools and there was NBI and runned it and restarted laptop without USB and YES working like a charm!

Dell Mini 10v - A04 - Intel Antom N270 - 1GB Ram - Intel GMA950 - Dell Wi-Fi 1397 - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Trackpad works great like sleep. Sound sometimes doesn't work when I boot

« Kernel Panic on restart | black screen of doom »