Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#91) Old
Default External Display a No-Go - 01-12-2011, 04:04 PM

After upgrading to 10.6.6, I can no longer connect an external display to my 10v. Seems to me I could do this under 10.6.3. (although I could be wrong). Any advice?
  (#92) Old
Default 01-12-2011, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
Just followed these steps from 10.6.4 and so far everything in 10.6.6 works great!
Just wanted to update I did the same steps on another Dell 10v from 10.6.3 and it went off without a hitch as well.
  (#93) Old
Default If you lost your sound try this... - 01-13-2011, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by gogega77 View Post
did the upgrade yesterday without any issues, today after a complete new boot the sound wasn't working. after 2 reboots the sound came back. anyone else with this behaviour? is this normal?

I used the steps several others mentioned and updated my 10v from 10.6.3 to 10.6.6 successfully.

Repair permissions, run NBI 0.8.5 pre, download and install 10.6.6 combo update, do NOT restart re-rerun NBI 0.8.5 pre, Restart and rerun NBI again.

Everything including Audio working. However, if you restart or boot up running 10.6.6 and lose SOUND, try unplugging anything you have plugged into your USB ports and restart. I have a wireless mouse that has a USB dongle that seems to be causing me to lose SOUND.

Rebooting without the dongle, the sound function returns! You can then plug in your USB device and have no problems. 10.6.6 seems to boot and run faster then 10.6.3 on my 1GB 10v so this additional step is no biggie to me.

« Mac App Store | Success! »