Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default CoreAVC on Mac? - 12-27-2010, 08:58 PM

On the same 10v with Windows, I can play 720p videos full screen on an external monitor (1600x900) with no issues. On the Mac SL side, however, even a 480p will stutter when on full screen on the external monitor.

Why is MacOSX not as capable as Windows on this? Has it got to do with hardware acceleration? If yes, is there anything similar to CoreAVC for Mac?

The closest I can get on the Mac side was to run the movie on Quicktime Player X with Perian installed. However, I cannot switch audio tracks or subtitle tracks on that. VLC and Movist are great, but they suffer from the same performance issues when full screen on a bigger external display.

I understand it's just a netbook and I shouldn't be expecting much, but I can't help but think what a shame it is when I see how well Windows perform when playing videos full screen on an external monitor. I used CCCP, with the included MPC player.

« Won't Boot | 10v and 10.6.5 no ethernet or wifi »