Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Ethernet on 10.6.5 - 12-05-2010, 05:24 PM

Hey all,

I have Mac OSX running on my Mini 10v with NetbookInstaller 0.85pre, and the ethernet is not working. Everything else is working fine. The ethernet does not show up in Network Settings, even when I disable AirPort and plug the ethernet cable straight into the router. However, I know that the hardware works because the two lights next to the ethernet port confirm that the cable is working. Is there a kext I haven't installed? The NetbookInstaller page says however that ethernet should be supported. Does anybody have any ideas to help me out?

Thanks in advance,
  (#2) Old
Default 12-12-2010, 10:03 PM

my ethernet works just fine. try using an ubuntu live usb stick and see if the ethernet works there, if not, well...then it must be a hardware issue. Also, try looking in the bios settings (too lazy to check and I don't remember correctly) for any lan setting (it might be disabled)

« Problems using a Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installation disk | How do I get a more accurate reading of battery time left in Snow? »