Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Computer turns off randomly - 11-28-2010, 10:16 PM

Hi there

I have a Dell Mini 10v and I'we been running MacOsX since this summer. From the beginning it has turned off randomly, meaning that I'm working on it, and then all of a sudden I have a black screen and the computer has turned off. In the beginning this happened maybe once every 1-2 weeks, but now it's happening every day.

Anyone have a clue if this might be some hardware problem, or something realted to the fact that I'm runnin MacOsX on the computer? Has anyone else experienced this?

(#2) Old
Default 11-29-2010, 12:13 AM

Does it happen when on AC power supply or on battery only? Loose connectors are the first thing to look for and easy to fix.

Mini 10v, BIOS A06, OS X 10.6.6, Linux-Mint, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
  (#3) Old
Default 11-29-2010, 10:03 AM

That was the first thing I thought off... but this even happens when I have the computer plugged into AC.
  (#4) Old
Default 11-30-2010, 12:46 PM

i had a Dell 10v returned to me today with a similar ended up being the power supply was faulty and was not charging battery, and when removing the battery and using the PS only it still would not boot. I should add the clients children had been using an Acer power supply (which happen to fit) when they could not find the original, whether this had caused the problem I don't know. So my advice is try and get another supply to test before buying a battery, and when you get it let it charge the battery for at least 30mins before booting up.

« Where does NBI place extra? | Mini 10v freezing at startup.... Help Please ?!?! »