Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default mini 10v crashes every few weeks - 11-24-2010, 12:46 AM

I have had a mini 10v with OSX for about a year and I love it! The only problem is that about every 3-4 weeks. it crashes... I'll be using it and all of sudden it gets real slow, firefox won't open anymore, things get unresponsive, and then I restart and it never comes back... It just sits at the white loading screen with the spinning wheel/ring. I eventually have to reinstall OSX and then it works fine for another month or 2, same issue happens. I only use it for light browsing/blogging, so I can't imagine what the problem is, does it sound like a bad HD? I did buy it refurbished from dell. I try to repair permissions/disk first aid when I try to save it, but it says it's unrepairable/permissions can't be fixed. Any ideas? it's happened with 10.6.2 - 10.6.4 so the OS level doesnt seem to matter.

Also I do leave it on all the time/standby/sleep. so it doesnt get restarted often...
  (#2) Old
Default 11-24-2010, 11:51 AM

Sounds like a HD problem for sure. Best back up any critical files before it gets any worse.

« trackpad driver | Tips for installing an SSD drive in 10v »