Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Question Stuck in blue screen boot cycle - 11-08-2010, 11:36 PM

Hey folks, I have a 10v that had a kernel panic when starting up. Ever since, it will begin booting up and get to the blue screen with the spin wheel (not beachball), spin for a while, then the screen will flash blue again and the spinning wheel would appear. This would continue over and over. No mouse cursor appears. Also at boot, I get the message about hibernation image being xxx too old and ForceWake=y to override.

Anyway, I have tried booting into safe mode by holding the shift key and selecting recovery=y, but it still won't load past the blue screen.

Any insights? The other similar threads I looked at here didn't offer much help. Thanks.

EDIT: I am running 10.6.4 using 'NetbookInstaller Is there a way to update NetbookInstaller on my original USB stick to this one? Maybe I can boot with that and run it again?

« 10v USB mouse not recognized | Had to start over (10.6.3 via Win only NBI image) »