Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Disk, folders don't display on desktop, - 10-25-2010, 10:26 PM

I can't seem to get anything to appear on my desktop. Several months go I used NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4 RC1 to install 10.6, and I found that System Preferences wouldn't run, and that nothing will display on the desktop.

I got busy on other things, and returned to the problem today.
I successfully loaded 10.6 with the new bootloader, and then upgraded to 10.6.4 suing Software Update. So far everything seems to work fine so far except that drives, files and folders do not show on the desktop, and System Preferences will only run from the upper left corner main, not from the Dock.

I'm aware of Finder Preferences, and checked the boxes to tell it to display HDs, external disks, CDs, DVDs, iPods and connected servers, but it still won't do it.

Suggestions anybody? I'm tired of having to use keyboard commands to get to /Volumes/desktop simply to get to something on my desktop!

« Updates crashed my mini 10. I really need your help! :( | Sorry To Do This - best guide for installing SL from a USB stick using a Mac? »