Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#21) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Leewave
Default Solution to a locked BIOS - 09-21-2010, 11:01 AM

Found the solution to my problem (Locked BIOS).

See Unable to make changes in BIOS

Mini 10v, OSX 10.6.2, NBI 8.4 RC1, BIOS A06
15" MacBook Pro, Mac Mini/EyeTV, PowerBook
  (#22) Old
Default 09-21-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Steve51 View Post

Newbie to the site and thanks for all the good advice - so far!

I am trying to install OSX.6.3 on a brand new 10v . Have prepared USB thumb drive with retail copy of SL and NBM 0.8.4. I have BIOS A06 and have made all the changes outlined in the Gizmodo article but when I attempt to insstall, it gets to the '28 minutes remaining' point, freezes and eventually crashes.

Does anyone have an answer? I think I've done it right but ... newbie!!
I had that same problem. I tried it the first time not changing anything in customize and it hung at 29 minutes for what seemed forever then the spinning slashes started and it rebooted. I stopped it before it did and started over. This time i unchecked everthing except x11 and it stalled at 17 minutes for what seemed forever. The cirlcle slashes starrted running and it rebooted. This time I just let it go and it booted great. It went right into the welcome screen then the wizard. Everything works and tonight will upgrade memory, add bluetooth module, increase hard drive to 500gig and reinstall everything again. Loving my MiniMac 10V.

« touchpad issues | Corsair F120 SSD not found on 10V »