Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Talking 10v in the mail - 09-05-2010, 06:12 PM

I've thought about turning a netbook into a mini hackintosh for a few months now. I finally have the money and decided to get a slime green 10v from Walmart.

The netbook is on it's way as well as the retail Snow Leopard DVD, I'm very excited

Anywho, I just thought I'd pop in and say HI. I've been lurking here for the past week reading everything I can so I'm well prepared for the process I'm about to undertake next week.
  (#2) Old
Default 09-05-2010, 07:49 PM

Hi there Kilrane, and welcome to the forum.

You will have a lot of fun with your new 10v - just follow Mechdrew's excellent guides and the many other useful bits of info and guidance on this forum.

Best wishes

(#3) Old
Default 09-06-2010, 10:34 PM

Hi Kilrane

and good luck..

Dell Mini 10v 1gb ram 160gb hdd  A04  boot os-OSX.6.7  XP sp3 on Vbox  NBI********51
  (#4) Old
Default 09-13-2010, 12:02 AM

Update...I received everything in the mail on Friday. I was able to get a hold of my friends Macbook yesterday so I went ahead and followed the guides and info I pulled from this site. Everything is rockin on this Dell, I even updated to 10.6.4 with no issues.

This is the first "Mac" I've owned and so far I really like it (I've played with my friends Mac's before though). According to how things go with this I'm thinking about getting a Mac Mini or iMac sometime next year.

Dell Mini 10v | BIOS A06 | OS X 10.6.6 | Atom N270 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | 6-cell battery

« Picasa for Mac - any reviews? | Mini 10v MacOSX A6 bios »