Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Reformatting your Flash thumb after process.. - 09-02-2010, 04:16 PM

Hi, I am following this guide "NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System"

My question is in regards to these steps:
  1. Open the Image Writer program (it's called Win32DiskImager in the folder you extracted).
  2. The small USB drive is first. Select the correct drive letter under Device, slect the NBI_083F image under Image File, press Write and then Yes. The Progress indicator will help you know when it is finished.
I did this process. Now when I try to use the Flash drive on a PC it says it cannot read this format (now it is labeled as FAT). And that I need to to reformat. I reformat and it reformats it to a 47MB Flash drive. It is a 2GB Flash drive. What is happening? I can return my Flash Drive back to normal....I hope?

How would you do this?
  (#2) Old
Default Just to answer my own question and for others.. - 09-02-2010, 06:18 PM

Just to answer my own question and for others. You may run into my problem when you try and use your flash drive as a boot device (e.g. diagonistic tools etc..) and try to re-format.

In my case my 2GB USB said it was only a 47MB USB after formatting. In Disk Management it showed that 1.5gigs were "Unallocated" with no option to allocate. You have to fix this using a seprate program. I followed the process below and it worked for me.

Anyways, hope this is helpful to others.

Here is the solution:
1. Download the Lexar tool and extract to your PC
2. Click on the 'Non-Active' radio button at the bottom of the window
3. Now click on the 'Format' button
4. Remove and insert back of your Flash drive and you're done )

« Reinstalling OSX from scratch - help | Hackintosh on Nick lol »