Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default OSX Snow upgrade disk use on 2 computers - 08-20-2010, 03:34 PM

I have had my mini 10v for several months now. It's working great. I did the usb method.

I recently bought my girlfriend a 10v and I was wondering if I could use the same usb stick to format my new 10v to run snow leopard. I never had to register online or insert any sort of cd-key. So I see no reason why I can't use the same .iso to install snow leopard on both of the machines.

I'm going to try sometime this weekend.

has anybody else tried this?
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Exclamation 08-20-2010, 09:49 PM

I might be wrong but I believe that the license is applicable for only 1 computer, if you want to stay legal you MUST purchase a second license (buy another copy) for the other machine..if you do please do not tell us about it on this forum..its against the rules..

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old
Send a message via MSN to Side.Step.Society
Default 08-20-2010, 09:55 PM

It WILL work. But as rrfranczak3 said, it may not be moral/technically legal.
  (#4) Old
Default 08-22-2010, 03:56 AM

Thanks Guys

I'm not trying to be cheap I'm honestly just too lazy and impatient haha...

but then again if I wanted to do the moral thing I guess the 10v isn't the best bet
  (#5) Old
Default 08-22-2010, 11:20 PM

Apple don't use an OS product license registration system rather rely on user honesty (the suckers lol no they brand the hardware so it's not as much of an issue as it is to M$)

depends, is your disc a multiple license disc? they used to do a family disc for up to 3 Macs the only thing different about it was the box though.

not to sure what the policy on mydellmini is about this, one disc one hack i guess, I know the use of a pirate copy is rightly frowned upon.. some how I doubt Apple will agree that buying another retail copy of OSX.6 for your lucky girl friend's new 10v will keep you peachy with them..

Dell Mini 10v 1gb ram 160gb hdd  A04  boot os-OSX.6.7  XP sp3 on Vbox  NBI********51
  (#6) Old
Default 08-24-2010, 04:34 AM

Buy a retail install disc. $30. Right now the install disc is for 10.6.3 which might or might not work as an initial install. Use the USB drive you made previously for the install and update as outlined in this forum. Apple probably doesn't care about us since they are looking for bluefin tuna, we are plankton. Buying the disc will make you feel better. I love the 10v MacNano I made. It works great for traveling and fits in my wife's purse. If Apple made something like it I would have it. Not an iPad, I mean a real Mac OS computer.

« Editing HD video | Dell mini 10v connected to external monitor »