Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Unhappy OS 10.6 issues, please help! - 08-14-2010, 08:49 PM

So after getting fed up with a rather messy multiboot, i've decided i just want a good old hackbook back, clean slate. So i reinstalled OS 10.6 retail (prepared with netboot maker) and it installed absolutely flawlessly, i then used netbook installer with the chameleon box, hibernation toggle box, extensions box and the fix bluetooth box all checked, rebooted after it was done with the magic and it was fine, as soon as i try and apply the updates up to 10.6.4, my boot hangs. When i say hangs, i mean it sits on the Apple boot logo with the pin wheel for over an hour and never reaches the desktop. So it is literally stuck, i've re-installed OS X 3 times now and i'm really curious as to why it's happening.

I'd really like to be up to date with all the software, so, please, if anybody knows the solution for this issue, let me know.

I'd like to be able to install snow leopard, then update to the latest patches and have a happy hackbook.

Thanks in advance for any help guys, it's greatly apreciated.
  (#2) Old
Default 08-15-2010, 03:39 AM

Dell Mini 10v | OSX 10.6.7 l Ubuntu 11.10

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." - Matthew 10:34
  (#3) Old
Default 08-15-2010, 11:07 AM

Thanks very much Shooter

« Something's gone awry. OSX partition gone | OS x install problems »