Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Something's gone awry. OSX partition gone - 08-07-2010, 06:20 PM

I had been dualbooting OSX and W7 for about a day, and I was booted into w7 at the time. I turned off the computer, and it installed some updates

Upon turning it back on, I was caught in a bootloop. It wouldn't get up to chameleon. So I popped in my nbi usb drive, and my only option was w7. Weird

I booted into w7, and everything seemed normal. But I can't get into osx and I have to have my usb plugged in to boot to w7

Best case I would love to have both partitions back, but I would be fine with forgetting osx and keeping w7 as long as it booted correctly

(#2) Old
Default 08-15-2010, 04:09 AM

Make a Ubuntu 10.04 live cd using a pen drive. Once booted up find the disk utility gparted. When you look at your partitions on the far right you'll see boot on the EFI 200mb first partition listed. On the toolbar you'll see partitions then manage flags. Add hidden to the flag at the first partition then add hidden to the partition that says hfs+ that will be snow leopard. Reboot and chameleon should come back to life with both partitions listed and bootable.

Dell Mini 10v | OSX 10.6.7 l Ubuntu 11.10

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

« kernel panic after reinstall of nbi0.8.4 rc1 | OS 10.6 issues, please help! »