Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Talking My Dell mini 10v multiboot w/ hackintosh succeeded - 08-01-2010, 06:31 AM

Yet another successful hackintosh report.
A little different from Allan Kelly's recipe
1. I preserved the Dell preinstalled hardware diagnosis tools hidden partition.
2. I installed Win 7 ultimate 32bit edition
3. bootloader is using EasyBCD installed on Win 7 ( It's very powerful, and easy to use, I tried this after Chameleon had failed to boot itself, and only found Win 7 BCD bootloader is shown up instead)
4. I installed Ubuntu netbook remix 104 LTS instead of standard desktop version.
5. I installed Grub2 with Ubuntu to my /dev/sda, and it's working good.
6. Last but not the least, I installed OS X 10.6.3 with NetBookInstaller 0.8.4 RC1. I avoided upgrade to 10.6.4.
7. I followed this post on MyDellMini forum to fix sleep/awake problem.

More on easyBCD v2, it can boot Linux, Mac OS X too, with my configuration, it's actually boot Grub2 for Linux, and Chameleon for Snow Leopard resp.

My partition layout: (first number is partition number)
1. Dell HW Diag Tool hidden partition (primary, FAT, 39M)
4. OS X (primary, HFS+, 58G)
2. reinstalled WinXP SP3 (primary, NTFS, 18.78G)
3. extended partition
5. Win 7 (logical, NTFS, 29G)
6. Ubuntu Netbook Remix 104 (logical, ext4, 12G)
7. Ubuntu swap partition (logical, 2G)
8. free space

One last note: I used Asus Super Slim usb HD (size: 30G), instead of usb keydrive which is slow and opt to be worn out very quickly (I bought an 8G Kingston DataTraveller USB keydrive, and have to return it back several times to replace it). And I suggest resize the single partitoin on external usb HD to as small as possible to speed the formating/copying process up.
  (#2) Old
Default 08-28-2010, 01:54 AM

Awesome!! I've been debating between the different bootloaders. I haven't received my osx cd yet, so I'll end up tweaking in win 7 for a bit then use easybcd... have you had any problems with it??

« Please help me understand USB Legacy Support | Dell Mini 10v Sound Problem »