Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default I don't have a Macbook anymore, but still have a Snow Leopard Dvd...can i hackintosh? - 08-01-2010, 12:45 AM

Is it still possible to install snow leopard onto a dell mini 10v? I am thinking of getting one as I miss my macbook, but after reading through the Gizmodo guide it mentions steps that require a macbook.. is there any way I can do these steps using a windows 7 pc? Seems that I just need to format a USB stick and restore my snow leopard image onto it...

(#2) Old
Default 08-01-2010, 01:29 AM

Yes - I never had a Mac at all. NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew gives the details, but you should use the 0.8.4RC1 NetbookInstaller tool.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Send a message via MSN to Side.Step.Society
Default 08-01-2010, 09:29 PM

Just a note, your Snow Leopard disc must be an official retail version, not one that was included with your MacBook.
  (#4) Old
Default 08-11-2010, 08:11 PM

I am having trouble with this part:

8. Now select the large USB drive number, and select the macdvd.img file. Press Write and then Yes; this one will take a bit longer so wait for the progress indicator to finish..

I don't have a 16gb USB, so I'm using a 500gb external USB hard drive. When I open Win32DiskImager, and it gives a list of drives on the right (i.e A:, B: etc)... the external hard drive (L does not come up. Is there any way I can fix this? (Or perhaps a different program I can use rather than Win32DiskImager?)

(#5) Old
Default 08-12-2010, 03:36 PM

I managed to complete the above using transmac. Now, I am having a different problem. I followed the guide, and it said installation failed (which is apparently fine), and I rebooted

Upon rebooted, it says cant find mach_kernal

any ideas?

« Two-finger scrolling NOT working at all.. | No 1366x768 Option? »