Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default BEST PRACTICES - PRE TESTING 10v? - 07-29-2010, 06:32 AM

I'm a newbie here, so please bear with me.

Just got my 10v, very excited. I've read the guides that say to test the hardware, eg. speakers, camera, wifi etc. before attempting to hackintosh so that if something doesn't work, you know whether it's the hardware or it's the hack.

So my question is, is there a best practices document for all the things you should test, and perhaps suggestions on easy ways to do so. I haven't used a windows machine since Windows 98, so I'm just getting up to speed on navigating this strange OS landscape I've got running.

Any tips are most appreciated.

(#2) Old
Default 07-30-2010, 12:04 AM

try menu>> control panel/my computer (both ways get to next step, XP right?)>> device manager>> then see if all the drivers are okay and figured ..

next the obvious stuff.

play a song to see if the speakers work, connect to some thing to see if the wifi card picks up anything .. see where I'm going with this. it's all I did anyhoos.

good luck with the hack.

Dell Mini 10v 1gb ram 160gb hdd  A04  boot os-OSX.6.7  XP sp3 on Vbox  NBI********51
  (#3) Old
Default 08-05-2010, 12:04 AM

Thanks so much for the reply. So far things have been checking out. Will be hacking soon.

« help dell mini 10V | Mini 10v Hackintosh Tablet »