Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Unhappy Trying to hackintosh the mini 10v, tons of issues - 07-28-2010, 03:20 AM

So I'm trying to turn my new Dell Mini 10v into the ultimate Snow Leopard machine. It's not going well.

First issue: When I first tried to install it, the install would freeze about three minutes in. Please restart, blah blah blah. Downgraded the bios from A06 to A04, install worked.

Second issue: Even when install worked, I still cannot boot into mac OS from the start. I have to keep the flash drive with the install information on it in the port, then boot from USB, then enter settings and tell it to boot from my hard drive rather than the USB itself. If I do not do this it tells me no operating system is found.

Third issue: I have no sound. Tried voodoo hda, nothing happened. Maybe I messed up the install.

I've heard that A06 works with the latest version of netbook bootmaker, so perhaps I should upgrade my bios back to A06 and then reformat the flash drive?

Should I just give up?

dell, mac, mac setup, mini 10v, problems

« Problem: Thread wants credential but has no BSD process. | WiFi Problem »