Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Exclamation Help with Snow Leopard/Jolicloud Dualboot - 07-14-2010, 07:16 AM

Hey guys. I am new here, but I have had my Dell Mini 10v for quite a few months now and have been running Mac OS X Snow Leopard very smoothly since day 1 thanks to the tuts found here.

Now I want to take the next step. Jolicloud is a very appealing OS for me, it is simple, made for netbooks, and has all the features I am looking for. I love having OS X, though. I keep most of my data on an external hard drive so I am sitting on 150gb of free space out of 160.

Here is what I am asking, how can I go about dual booting my currently installed MAC OS X SL and Jolicloud. I currently only have one partition dedicated to SL. I have a USB stick with Jolicloud ready to go.

I was going to simply reduce the size of this partition and make a new one with 'free space' then go through with the install of Jolicloud, but I am wonding about a bootloader. Will that be needed? I just want to be able to choose to boot up OS X or Jolicloud, will that option be available by simply installing Jolicloud.

Can someone please help me do this asap. I am going to be leaving town in a few days so I am hoping to have this ready to go as soon as I can. Thanks everyone.
  (#2) Old
Default 07-14-2010, 10:20 PM

Create a second partiton formatted fat32 from OSX. Install jolicloud from usb paying close attention at step 4 as this is where you choose where to install. Choose the fat32 partition you created and choose ext3 or ext4 format as you please with a mount point of /. Resize that partiton smaller by 2 to 4gbs for a swap area and choose forward. The next pane to pay attention to is 7 i believe where it asks where to install grub click advanced. Make sure to choose sda3 or whatever partition you installled jolicloud. Thats it reboot pull out usb when it tells you too and when chameleon boots up hit the space bar to toggle between os's.

Dell Mini 10v | OSX 10.6.7 l Ubuntu 11.10

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

dell mini 10v, dualboot, hackintosh, jolicloud, snow leopard

« Speedstep and a HOT Dell Mini 10V | Fresh install with 10.6.3 disk »