Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Unhappy Install issue - "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer" - 07-06-2010, 09:03 PM

I am a first time hackintosher spurned by this guide.

How To: Hackintosh a Dell Mini 10v Into the Ultimate Snow Leopard Netbook

I got an error, so I started looking around and also tried to follow the directions by the first reply here:
mini 10v issue with hackintosh

I have tried NBM 0.8.4 RC1 and 0.8.3 and both have the same result. The computer boots from the external hard drive fine, then I choose my language for the OSX install. After just a couple seconds, a dialog pops up that says "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer" and it gives me the choice to restore from backup or restart, effectively ending the installation.

I tried reformatting the HD of the 10v to 1 partition (GUID). I also tried a different external hard drive.

Some notes, I just purchased this as a refurbished computer from Dell. I played around with it a little and it worked fine in Windows. The BIOS is A06 and the disc I used to image onto the external drive was the install disc from my iMac that I received about a month ago.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 07-06-2010, 09:57 PM

You can't use the install disc that comes with a Mac. Need a *retail* copy.

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old
Default 07-07-2010, 12:03 AM

Ah.. thanks. Someone asked on the Gizmodo site and the author replied that either could be used. I guess you can't believe everything you read!

« 10v 10.6.4 hang on startup @ VBoxAdpDrv | single boot install osx question/reboot now? »