Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Question About Power Up/Login In Clamshell Mode - 06-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Ok, before some of you Dell Mini 10v/Mac vets charge up your flame throwers, please believe me when I say that I did search for this particular topic, both on and off this forum, but didn't find what I was looking for.
Ok so here is my story....
I have a situation where my Mini 10v (running OSX 10.6.4 and latest NBI) will be running primarily in clamshell mode with an external display. What I want to be able to do is:
1) Turn on the 10v with the power button
2) Immediately shut the lid (before the login screen appears)
3) Start using the 10v, including logging in, with a bluetooth mouse and keyboard
What I have done so far:
1) I have paired and successfully used a BT mouse and keyboard, specifically the iPazzPort combo track pad and keyboard here. When I turn on the 10v and let it get to the login screen, the BT touchpad connects and works normally.
2) I have successfully set up an external monitor. Also, if I power on the 10v with the external monitor attached (and 10v lid open), it will boot to the login screen on the external monitor, with the external monitor as the primary monitor (which is how I have it setup in display properties).
3) I have installed the latest version of InsomniaX which allows me to shut the lid (any time after booting to the desktop) and still use the 10v on the external monitor.
Problems looking for help to solve:
1) If I press the power button and close the lid right away, the 10v will hang. If I press the power button and wait until the grey apple displays on the 10v screen, it will sometimes hang. So, is there any way to have the 10v boot to the login screen with the lid shut and external monitor connected?
2) If I press the power button and wait until the login screen comes up and close the lid prior to logging in, the 10v will go to sleep. If I close the lid after logging in (InsomniaX is set to load upon loging in), the 10v will not go to sleep with the lid closed, and the 10v will function normally with the external monitor. So, is there a way to turn off sleep or load InsomniaX so that the 10v will not go to sleep at the login prompt?
3) Using my BT keypad/trackpad to wake up the 10v from sleep, with or without the lid closed. The iPazzPort trackpad and keys work fine. I was even able to get the 10v to recognize the keyboard using the OSX keyboard recognition wizard. But under BT preferences the option to wake using a keyboard or mouse is greyed out.
Well I guess that is it, can any of your experienced guys help me out?
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.