Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default formerly stable 10v will not boot - 06-25-2010, 07:45 PM

I have posted this before but I really need help because I cannot even wipe the hard disk clean and start over. I am desperate!

Here is a reasonably complete list of actions and outcomes.

1. Shift to OSXMINI10 to boot to black screen
2. Shift to OSXMINI10 to boot to down arrow to boot single user or verbose: panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2f2db108): "Unsupported CPU: family =0x6, model = 0x1c..." + lots of other stuff including Mac OS version: Not yet set
3. Shift to OSXDVD to boot to grey Apple screen and hangs there
4. Shift to OSXDVD to down arrow to boot verbose to Error: Uncompressed file is not the length recorded. Error: couldn't uncompress plist file from multikext archive entry 0. to hung black screen.
5.Shift to OSXDVD to recovery=y to Apple star wars splash screen and hung with slowly turning colored pinwheel in upper left hand corner.

As I said, I cannot even get into the hard disk to wipe it clean. It has been stable for months and the crash happened after an itunes 9.2 install. I am running SL 10.6.3 installed with the most recent nib (0.8.4).

I am backed up with time machine but I do not know if whatever problem I am having is in the backup. Please help!

« Trouble installing MacOsX | How do I uninstall NetbookInstaller »