Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default NEED URGENT HELP (Crash away from home) - 06-22-2010, 02:00 PM

I'm doing charity work in Costa Rica and had to NBI to fix sleep problem, but now it wont boot, crash on apple screen.

Stupidly I can't find my USB stick with my back up on.

So can you make a USB stick with NBM / NBI on only and boot from that to re run it?

And if so can someone kindly make a ISO i can copy to a USB stick from a windows computer, I have no mac access so can't fix it myself from here.

Would be amazing if you had time to do this as im currently without a computer.

Thanks in advance for advice / tips etc. if i can do it from a windows computer let me know :-)
  (#2) Old
Default 06-22-2010, 05:06 PM

You can't boot from just the NBM / NBI, you'll need an install system on a disk. What you need is someone to post you a USB prepared installer stick, or a cloned system from a working 10v which you could boot from and clone to the internal, after backing up your files obviously. Creating the installer in Windoze is possible but I've seen many posts where it's all gone wrong. I could help but I don't have a spare disk to post to you. Good luck.
  (#3) Old
Default 06-23-2010, 08:13 PM

Thanks Soho I thought as much. My own silly fault for loosing the stick.

Managed to ask someone who is kindly coming this way to brin my MBP and SL disc. Very lucky me!

Use this post as a word of warning to keep a USB install stick with you if your away from home for a while!

« Microsoft Office | installed MS Office, now SL won't boot »