Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#21) Old
Default 11-17-2010, 04:55 AM

I'm getting this same panic. I've gotten one panic when not touching the computer- it was when doing iWork updates. It just locked up. I'll write that one off and ignore it for now. Only happened once. I am, more often, getting the panic when scrolling down in a web browser. I only use chrome, so it's hard to say if it'd happen in Safari- but I've read on here that someone else did, so it must be unrelated to the browser itself and perhaps a extension for the keyboard, or something...

Has anyone found a fix?
  (#22) Old
Exclamation Same issue,.. different laptop - 12-18-2010, 02:04 AM

Hi all,

I have been experiencing this same kernal panic. thread_invoke: preemption_level -1, possible cause: unlocking an unlocked mutex or spinlock.

I also get it when scrolling down on a webpage with safari. I have a dual boot system with win7 on my Lenovo n200.

Here are my system specs.

Here are my system specs...
Lenovo 3000 N200 0769AVU Laptop/Macbook 4,1 90% Model match
OS: Leo 10.6.5 Snow Uni + Chameleon 2.0rc4 Testing: AnVAL - ACPI Loader
CPU: Intel Core2Duo T9300 2.5GHz 800fsb running at 738fsb due to Bios/SMBIOS issue... would love to fix that.
RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 667MHz Dual Channel
Video: Intel X3100 965 Express CI/QE work default OSX kext
Sound: HDA 0862 works with VoodooHDA feb 2010 only
Wifi: BCM4328 Draft N card seen as Airport Extream 3rd Party
Webcam: Chicony Device ID 04f2 B013 Works with manycam!!
NW* Network: Broadcom 5906 Netlink Ethernet

I believe this issue is related to the keyboard or mouse driver. Here is why. If you google this problem real macs have it also and in many of those discussions they track it down to either vmware, parallels or virtual box or a mouse driver. I dont have any of those apps but we all have a touchpad driver and perhaps that is what is causing this issue. It is random for me and I cant seem to determine when it will happen.

You guys put in a bug for your installer but I think the bug is in the synaptic touchpad driver since Dell also uses the same touchpad as my Lenovo that has to be it. I was thinking about reinstalling completely but it appears that does not always fix this issue from what I have read. I recently got a new HD and copied everything over and its still happening. Some say its ram related but then I would see issues in win7 and I have none. I think we need to look at the touchpad driver or keyboard for this bug. What do you guys think?

Also see this thread:
  (#23) Old
Default 02-05-2011, 08:32 AM

OK I have just gotten this panic again after a really long time without seeing it.. Once again it was caused by scrolling up and down with the arrow keys.

I have recently switched to voodoops2 with hopes that would resolve it. I was using PS2 nub before. Same panic with either kext so that means the panic is somehow caused at a deeper level. Anyone have any update.. Id love to hear about it.

« App Minimizer Issue | 10.6.6 unique problem? »