Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Unhappy Is safesleep (aka hibernation) possible on any setup? - 06-11-2010, 06:27 AM

I'm running 10.5.8 on my mini10v right now and so far everything is working great except safe sleep. Running to plug in the laptop at the last second really sucks -- I've been spoiled by my Macbook Pro!!

Has anyone reliable gotten safe sleep to work on any OS/software combination? If an upgrade to SL will make it work I'm going to go buy a copy, but I want to be certain first.

Any ideas? Should I forget about safe sleep completely?
  (#2) Old
Default 06-11-2010, 08:48 PM

I was pretty sure that safesleep was possible on 10.5.8, in fact I had it working fine. The issue is normally that it doesn't work in 10.6.x

If you really want safesleep stick with 10.5.8 and have a search of the forums to find out how to enable it.

Mini 10v | 2GB RAM | 120GB HDD | 1510 N Wireless | BT 2.1 | OSX 10.6.4 | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | Bios A04 | 1010 Touchpad | Magic Mouse

hibernate, hibernation, safe sleep, safesleep, sleep

« Put Macbook Hard Drive into Mini 10v? | 10v going into sleep when screen closed and keyboard issues »