Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default My daughter's 10V Hackintosh is rebooting over and over - 06-01-2010, 08:52 AM

Hi guys,

I'm having a big problem with one of two Dell Mini10V's I have for my daughters. They both have been working great with SL however my youngest updated iTunes and now it's stuck in an endless loop of restarting.

I found one thread from Nov'09 with what seems to be the exact same error although he hasn't received any responses.

His post was
I had SL working perfectly until I updated Itunes, when it restarted I get the hybernate image message then this error message efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata then the computer restarts and does it all over again. I tried starting in safe mode but it just restarts again. Any ideas how to fix this? I have a 10v with A05 Bios, 2gb of RAM.
Would any of you know how to help? I don't know what to do. Most if not all of her data is 'in the cloud' so it doesn't matter if I have to reinstall however it would be much, much easier if I could just get it out of this loop.

(#2) Old
Default 07-01-2010, 01:17 AM

I had that same problem when I used NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3 to load Snow Leopard on my usb instead of NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4 RC1 which requires Snow Leopard to run. (If you don't have Snow Leopard NetbookBootMaker just keeps crashing). I reinstalled Snow Leopard with the latest version of NetbookMaker and everything was good.
  (#3) Old
Send a message via MSN to Side.Step.Society
Default 07-01-2010, 02:22 AM

Are you sure your daughter didn't also install 10.6.3/10.6.4?
  (#4) Old
Default 11-15-2010, 08:35 AM

What computer did you use to create the bootable sticks? PC or Mac?

Did you try to run NBI and repair boto disk permissions with the sticks?

Everything Everywhere.
  (#5) Old
Default 11-15-2010, 08:39 AM

Yep, she did accidentally install the update :-(
I've gone back to Windows 7 on it and to be honest, it is working pretty good. As a Mac man I actually don't mind Windows 7.

10v, hackintosh, itunes, rebooting, restarting

« anyway to run high def videos on 10v? | Keep Orig Bootable Flash Intact? »