Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Can't update to 10.6.3 after hibernation issue fixed - 05-27-2010, 07:27 PM

The problem started when I accidentally enabled/checked hibernate & ran netbookinstaller. This yielded the expected 'Image file too old by XXXX sec' followed by the grey 'forced restart screen'. OSX wouldn't load at all.

I fixed that problem by reinstalling Snow Leopard. The system works and boots properly. It still has the 'Image file too old by XXXX sec' but I do not receive the forced restart screen and OSX loads fine.

The problem emerges when I attempt to update SL to 10.6.3. This makes the computer not only show the 'Image file too old by XXXX sec' but now it is followed by the greyish forced restart screen and OSX won't reload (essentially the computer reverts to the same behavior as before I restored the computer).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance! -- nick
  (#2) Old
Default 05-27-2010, 09:27 PM

When you tried to update to 10.6.3 again, did you run NBI 8.4 and not enabling hibernate?

« Success with 10.6.3, Now What? | Weird bluetooth problem »