Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Can we somehow "roll back" the 10.6.3 update? - 05-22-2010, 08:47 PM

I loaned my 10v running 10.6.2 and NBI 0.8.3 RC3 to a buddy to show him how awesome the 10v can run OS X. Five hours later he texts me to tell me it prompted him for updates, which he installed (580 MB worth) and now it won't boot. I'm assuming the update was 10.6.3.

I'm browsing the forum and seeing all the 10.6.3 problems and "dirty reinstalls" of OS X and such, but I'm wondering can we just roll back the recent updates to OS X and restore it to the state it was in yesterday? Without having to update the NBI or reinstall, does OS X include built-in functionality for update uninstalls?

Thanks for any tips, this forum rules

More info:
- no Time Machine backups
- Last December I dual booted it with Win7 by following this guide while skipping the Ubuntu portions:
Triple Boot Videos and Guide Using Chameleon, OS X, Windows 7 & Ubuntu Netbook Remix
- I have an OS X retail DVD although I'm not certain which version it is, definitely not 10.6.2 or .3 though

« Unable to boot after installing SL | How many will buy an IPAD? »