Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default iChat stays offline after wake from sleep - 05-16-2010, 10:49 AM

Hey all,

has anyone else noticed this problem? I use iChat for chat configured with my facebook account. I stay available while using the computer. When I shut the lid, the mini 10v goes to sleep normally, but when I open the lid, iChat stays offline. The correct behavior would be to go back online and set my status to available, which my Macbook does. Everything else functions as expected when it wakes.

I suspect it is does to the longer amount of time it takes the wifi to reconnect in the Dell. It can take 6-8 second for the wireless to kick in and connect, whereas my Macbook connects in about 1 second after wake. I'm guessing that iChat tries to reconnect right after wake, doesn't see a signal, and gives up.

Sounds like a sound explanation, but I wanted to run it by the board to see if anyone else noticed this.

EDIT: This is only when the iChat Application is not open. If the application itself is running when the computer goes to sleep and wakes up, it reconnects fine. This is only if I'm using the menu bar item to keep myself available.

« installation does not go beyond the gray apple and spinning wheel | Install Difficulty »