Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Steam For Mac - 05-13-2010, 09:48 AM

Dunno if this is in the right section, tried running steam and on the dell mini 10v with the free download of portal which is available until the 24th May.

Steam itself works fine but portal doesn't work due the graphics in the dell mini 10v which doesn't surprise me so just thought of letting you guys know bout it
  (#2) Old
Default 05-13-2010, 01:21 PM

There aren't many games you can play on the 10v. Just old ones.
I installed it on my desktop instead.

Dell Mini 10v / OS X 10.6.6 / NBI 8.5 / 160 GB HDD / 1 GB RAM / A05
  (#3) Old
Default 05-13-2010, 02:28 PM

Actually Torchlight is playable if you tweak the settings a little, performance is comparable to the Windows version, although I did experience some delays on the controls part.
  (#4) Old
Default 05-13-2010, 08:38 PM

Peggle works in Windows 7 on my Dell Mini 9, so it would be nice if they can port that for Mac.
Peggle is really addicting.

edit: They do have it for mac,

mini 9 : Black, 2GB, 16GB SSD, OSX 10.6
  (#5) Old
Default 05-13-2010, 11:26 PM

A lot of the 2D indie stuff should run.

Portal, unsurprisingly, got a lot of graphics clipping and errors even at 640x480 and all of the settings set to the absolute lowest.

I'm just hoping the original Counter-Strike or Team Fortress Classic are able to run once they are ported over. If they ran fine on my old Dell P3 800mhz with a TNT2 card, they should run on this.
  (#6) Old
Default 05-14-2010, 12:59 AM

This is one reason I'm heavily considering trying out an Asus 1201n for my next Hackintosh. Dont get me wrong. I LOVE my 10v. But I am going to need a 2nd one because the girlfriend and I both use it so much. I'm willing to give up the battery life in exchange for more processor power and the Nvidia Ion GPU. I'm not looking to run any crazy games... just enough to make a little couch gaming or gaming while I'm on vacation and sitting around the hotel a possibility.

I've been reading over at insanely mac that they are having good success with it after you swap out the Wifi card. Pretty much the only bug left is the sound but they just made another advancement in that so I'm sure it will be even better soon. USB sound cards work fine... so its just a matter of them ironing out the kext.
  (#7) Old
Default 05-14-2010, 10:50 AM

wow its great to see the response for this, i don't really play games on the mini 10v, i have played plants vs zombies brilliant game. Just been making iphone apps instead well trying anyway lol

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

well when portal loads into the main menu everything is basically screwed but do you think we could change the settings to low it may have a chance of working, i can get to the options menu but the rest no luck due to how the graphic plays up

« Newbie needs help - system updates | carbon copy cloner to cone to USB to boot »