Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default old protools preventing OS update. halpz. - 05-10-2010, 04:45 PM

i'm in desperate need of help from someone a little more tech-minded than myself. up until last week, i had been running 10.6.2 flawlessly on my 10v since the update became supported by NBI 0.8.4.

i readied myself for the 10.6.3 update in all the usual ways (dl'd update package, repaired permissions, ran update, ran NBI, rebooted) and borked myself into KP on startup.

i chalked it up to experience, and did a clean reinstall of 10.6.0, and painstakingly customized everything back the way i had it. i also installed protools LE 8 to try with my m-box, as a little research here showed others have done it to great success.

i've tried to re-update to 10.6.2 after this several times (with all the audio issues 10.6.3 seems to be having, i wasn't going to risk my sweet new protools mini rig), but after permissions repair, install, NBI run and reboot, i keep getting a KP mentioning some digidesign (protools) mod in a plist or kext or whatever.

i've removed every trace of protools/digidesign stuff from all the libraries, extension folders, framework folders, etc to no avail. it seems to be something protools modified in some kind of system file, and i can't find it.

if any of this makes sense, or anyone who's got their hands dirty plist/kext editing has any idea of what i'm trying to describe, your help would be greatly appreciated.

« Western Digital Scorpio vs Seagate Momentus | 10v still won't recognise my USB Drive! »