Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Western Digital Scorpio vs Seagate Momentus - 05-10-2010, 03:32 PM

I have 2 Mini 10v systems and took them both apart to upgrade memory and add BT cards. I noticed the newer model (March 2010) had a Seagate Momentus drive and the older one (bought in February 2010 but build date of Sept 09) had a Western Digital Scorpio Blue drive. I decided to swap drives and use the Western Digital as my everyday drive, and use the Seagate for the Mini I am giving my daughter.

The swap was easy enough, and I used my USB flash Drive to clone the disk.

Well, I am getting longer battery life with the Western Digital. The drive is dead silent, whereas the Seagate was almost dead silent.

YMMV, but i thought it was worth mentioning. I have heard nothing but great things about the Scorpio drives and so far I am impressed. 5 year warranty to boot (if bought aftermarket).

Mini 10v; 2gb RAM, 160gb HD, 10.6.3 using 0.8.4 RC1, 1510 a/b/g/n flashed to Airport Extreme, BT card.

« Install Ubuntu over full OS X install with Dual boot? | old protools preventing OS update. halpz. »