Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Install Ubuntu over full OS X install with Dual boot? - 05-10-2010, 01:34 PM

Hello All,

I have Mac OS X installed on my mini 10v - works perfectly. Since I have a 160 gig drive in the thing, and I'm mainly just using it to browser the web and do email, I'd like to experiment with Linux as well, mainly Ubuntu.

Now that I have the full installation of Mac OS X installed (via netbook installer/maker), is there a way I can add an installation of Ubuntu? I'm guessing I'd have to repartition, but do I just shrink the existing one creating free space, or make a new one for Ubuntu?

Also, will three be a booting issue since I'm using Chameleon for OS X? I've seen guides for triple booting, but I already have OS X installed, and I really don't want or need Windows.

Can someone point me to a guide for this or give me some advise? I don't need a whole walkthrough, but the general idea of what I need to do would be helpful.

Thanks for any help you can give!

« Wi-Fi (and Bluetooth?) Fix to Problems after Installing | Western Digital Scorpio vs Seagate Momentus »