Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Blue Snowball Mic Issues/Firewire Solutions? - 04-29-2010, 04:41 PM

Hey all. I'm posting this thread because I'm having a couple of issues. Firstly, I have a Blue Snowball condenser microphone that I extensively use for audio recording. Normally, this mic is completely just plug and play with any computer, PC or Mac (I use an iMac normally). But when I plug my Snowball into my Hackintosh Dell Mini 10v, it does not recognize it at all. The little red light even comes on, on the mic itself but it just won't recognize the mic at all under "Sound > Input Devices" under System Preferences. There aren't even any drivers to download because this mic is completely just plug and play. Does anybody have any solutions as to how I can get my Hackintosh to recognize my microphone?

Also, I have a FireWire-based recording interface, but alas, the Dell Mini does not have FireWire ports (naturally) and was wondering if I bought some kind of FireWire to USB adapter I can buy and make this a reality. Thoughts?

-B. Rey

« How to change BIOS settings | Battery Status Problem/Avg Battery Life? »