Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default List of Mini 10v wifi solutions - 04-28-2010, 09:53 PM

I like this forums very much and they helped me a lot. So now, after my Snow Leopard works flawless, it is my turn trying to help.

I had some issues with my wifi after a successful SL installation. Even the update on 10.6.3 did not help. So I searched the forums and read about different problems with the solutions. So now I want to list up all the methods of trying to get the wifi working.

- Have you had the BIOS settings for wifi enabled bofore installing Snow Leopard? If no, enable and try again
- update to SL and run the NetbookInstaller 0.8.4 RC1
- put your wireless card out of the Mini 10v and put it back in
- set the routers channel on channel 11
- rename your hotspot
- Flash your wireless card

Hope future-wifi-problem-people won't have to search as long for a solution as I had to

(#2) Old
Default 04-29-2010, 12:25 AM

done just about all of the suggestions except flashing my card...maybe I'll try that and revisit 10.6.3

Mini 10v (Black) - BIOS A06 - Mac OS X 10.6.0 - 1GB RAM - 320GB HDD (7200 rpm) - NBM via USB - NBI (ending with 51) - Legacy Off

Had a happy 10.6.6 machine and updated to 10.6.7, but no love...maybe I'll do a vanilla install...but probably not.

wifi problem mini 10v

« Problems installing SL on Mini 10v 1. Gen | occasional weird sound pop »