Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default NBI Installation error, kernel panic - kernel CPU mismatch - 04-28-2010, 05:34 PM

I'm trying to install OS X 10.6.3 retail for the first time on a Dell Mini 10v A05 bios. I first used a Win7 machine then a Ubuntu Linix to create a boot usb key with NBI_083F dd Image.img
I followed the mechdrew NBI guide for Windows and Linux. In all cases I was able to boot, get the first screen of Chameleon select the OS X install drive, but it failed with the kernel cpu mismatch message. I saw the update to NBI to version 0.8.4 RC1, but that seems to require a Mac to use. I don't have one (at least not yet!).

I tried -s-f-x-v boot flags and mach_kernel and various ACPI settings in various combinations to no avail.

Any suggestions to overcome the error? Does anyone have an .img of the patched 0.8.4 RC1 usb key that they can share?
  (#2) Old
Default 04-30-2010, 05:36 AM

Same issue here. Hopefully someone much smarter than me will get this working soon. I really want to get this thing up and running. Unfortunately it seems that 10.6.3 is the only version you get right now unless you buy used on ebay or craigslist.
  (#3) Old
Default 04-30-2010, 09:59 AM

For 10.6.3 you need indeed NBI_0.84. also NetBookCD didn't worked for me too as NBI_083 is build in.
So there I was with my official SL DVD. Downloaded another SL (10.6) via torrent, installed NBI_084 and right now system is up and running on 10.6.3.

What I did: I had the USB image of NBI_083 opened it in TransMac, deleted the, tried to insert the NBI_084 Unfortunate I received a message that the file was too big. Removed the 10.5 section (ca 15 Mb) too from the NBI_083 image. After that I was able to put the NBI_084-app in the NBI_083 USB image.
Via Transmac put the downloaded torrent (dmg format) on my USB stick, and things started rolling.

dell mni 10v, kernel cpu mismatch, kernel panic, nbi 0.8.3 release

« Restart problem with SL | Thank You »