Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Getting to the boot prompt - 04-28-2010, 03:38 AM

Hi All,

OK, I have a really stupid question that I can not seem to find the answer to. I have a couple of mini 10v's running netbookinstaller 0.8.3 and osx 10.6.2. They has been running great for months. On one of them my friend decided to upgrade to 10.6.3 without first installing netbookinstaller 0.8.4, this of course has broken the system. I have found the solution to this problem elsewhere in the forums but my first thought was to try and repair it by booting into safe mode and see it I could install 0.8.4 from there. But I can not get to the Chameleon boot prompt.

The troubleshoot section at mechdrew says: "On typical installations, you can halt the bootloader simply by pressing any key on your keyboard before the blue progress bar runs out."

But I do not get the blue process bar for Chameleon but rather the spinning slash. Hitting any key does nothing. What am I doing wrong and how to I get to the boot prompt? I have made sure that I do not have Quiet Boot Mode enabled in netbookinstaller, that was my first thought but it reports that flag off and I reran it just to make sure.

« Installed and ran first time, but won't boot again | Is the sleep issue related to Bluetooth? »