Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Apr 2010
04-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Arj8138. Try this.
1. Using your iMac restore the DVD disk to your USB drive.
2. Still on your iMac download NetBookInstaller 0.8.4 and netbookmaker 0.8.3.
3. You need to prepare a hybrid NBM next that you can use from Leopard but which will work for the later mach_kernel that 10.6.2 and .3 use:
Control click the icon for the NBM app, and select "show package contents";
Go to contents/resources and there you will find NetBookInstaller;
Replace the NetbookInstaller there with your new version and rename the new one to be the same name as the old one (i.e. get rid of the "0.8.4RC1" or whatever it had in the name. You now have a hydbrid NBM.
4. Run your hybrid netbookmaker 0.8.3. and target it to the install image on your USB drive.
5. Install the small app. I attach to show all hidden folders and run it.
6. Go here and download the mach kernel for 10.6.3 atom
7. Go into the DVD and look for the hidden file mach_kernel, it's found at the root of the DVD, and drag it to the trash. That file is one cause of your KPs.
8. Drag the mach_kernel you downloaded to the DVD (IF THE NAME IS DIFFERENT TO THE ONE YOU TRASHED RENAME IT).
9. Boot up your Mini from the USB drive modified as above and do the install.
The above steps should I hope give you the workaround to let you do what you want. Make sure that once the install has finished and you are at your new desktop you then go into your new applications folder and run the app. NetbookInstaller.
---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------
Damn. In my post above it wouldn't let me attach a file i wanted to give you as i had recently attached it to a different thread. So go here to find the app. I mentioned.
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.