Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Success & Thank you! - 04-22-2010, 12:35 AM

Hi everyone, Hackintosh noob rman here.

After browsing the forums and speaking with a friend, I took the chance and bought a Dell 1011, Snow Leopard, and a USB drive. I really wanted a small light yet fully functional platform for OS X, which (sadly) Apple doesn't offer. Enter the world of Hackintosh!

Within 2 hours of opening the box, I had SL up and running, but made the foolish mistake of not running NetBookInstaller before applying the myriad of updates. Everything was screwed up - an hour passed before I realized my mistake.

So I started all over again, followed the Gizmodo guide to the t, and within 3 hours I was fully updated and one happy camper.

I wish to thank Meklort for the incredible work put into the installer and bootmaker - it really is a wonder, and he made it so easy. You are brilliant! And also thanks to the MyDellMini forum - this is an incredible resource if you take the time to read through the minutiae of what others have done. Thanks everyone!
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 04-22-2010, 01:18 AM

congrats, & Welcome to the forum....

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old
Default 04-22-2010, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by rrfranczak3 View Post
congrats, & Welcome to the forum....

Thanks! I've been lurking for too long.
  (#4) Old
Default 04-22-2010, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by rman View Post

Thanks! I've been lurking for too long.
You can learn alot by lurking. I am sure as you already have found out there are some very sharp people that own mini's.
They are willing to share the things they have found and dish
out the knowledge like servings of strawberry shortcake to all.
So go ahead and take a big piece for yourself. Somewhere down the road you will have the opportunity to serve up a piece yourself. Good luck with your mini and enjoy the people you meet here. fdalbor

Dell Mini 1010 XP--10.04/Mandriva One/Joli 1.2
Compaq R4000 laptop AMD 64
Compaq SR2034NX AMD 64

« External Monitor Mirroring. | What will Happen if? »