Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Bluetooth headset does not work (OS X 10.6.3) - 04-22-2010, 12:34 AM

I just got a mini10v with OS X 10.6.3 on it. This mini10v has an internal Bluetooth card that works well under Windows 7 and is also listed correctly in the OS X System Profiler.

Everything works great – except for the Bluetooth headset that I use for Skype (Motorola H710). It shows as "Paired = Yes" in the Bluetooth Control Panel but it just does not connect successfully (when I switch the headset on the status toggles from "No" to "Yes" and back to "No").

I did a “Fix Bluetooth” run with Netbookinstaller 0.84 RC1 – did not help.

Is this a generel OS X 10.6.3 issue that might be getting fixed with a newer version of Netbookinstaller? Or could it be that Bluetooth will never work correctly on this machine? Do I have to expect that also a Bluetooth mouse will not work?

I wonder - are there people here with a mini10v with internal Bluetooth card that actually can use Bluetooth devices like headsets or mice under OS X 10.6.3?

I'd like to add that I - like many others - cannot switch Bluetooth off. But this is not a problem for me; I want to have it on all the time anyway.

Would be great if I could get some helpful comments here. Thanks.

« Cannot disable bluetooth? | How to get rid of Notebook Installer Logo »