Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Please help me with Image Writer. - 04-21-2010, 07:05 PM

Hey guys,
i am almost done with every step and am stuck at the image writer for windows step. How do I do it. The prob is that the disk letters are unusual. I have plugged in an external 160GB hard drive which is L but image writer display G,H,I etc. Is there any other program?

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

hey, i noticed that the small pendrive now has only 47MB space. What? I formatted it and still it shows 47.3MB. What happened to my 2GB? How do I get it back?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Please help me

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Hey, anyone there? Please help me. Calling all Hackintoshers.
  (#2) Old
Default 04-21-2010, 07:43 PM

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of the hackintoshing process, but if you want to know how big Windows thinks your flash drive is, then consult "Drive Management". I expect it's just a small 47MB filesystem taking up a small part of the 2GB drive.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 04-21-2010, 08:18 PM

I couldn't get image writer to recognize external hard drive. Use Trans mac for that. I formatted my hard drive with TransMac with Mac file system. Then I chose format with image or something like it and it made a macosx bootable external hard drive. I used a trial version of it and uninstalled it after few uses so I don't remember exact steps or exact commands.
About restoring the size of your usb drive.
I used the last post from there
I found the method!
Windows7 is necessary for it.
1)Execute diskpart on cmd.exe (or Win-R)
2)DISKPART> list disk
3)DISKPART> select disk x
x is the number of the USB drive.
If you make a mistake, it is sure to become a large disaster!
4)DISKPART> clean
5)DISKPART> exit
The usb memory revived by this."

P.S. Be careful to choose right drive though, I don't want to cause disaster.
  (#4) Old
Default 04-22-2010, 12:22 AM

You can right click My Computer > Manager > Disk Management > Select your pen drive > delete the small partition and then reformat it
  (#5) Old
Default 04-22-2010, 09:42 AM

hhow to delete small partition

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Please help me revive my lost USB Space. When I go to Disk Management it says that the remaining 1.86GB is unallocated. How DO i get it back and make my drive 2GB again. The 47.4 MB is due to the NBI file which is used to write from mechdrew's guide.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all your help.

I used paragon partition manager to resize the partition and i am done. I revived my 2.00gb. Now, am going forward for hackintosh.

« How to get rid of Notebook Installer Logo | External Monitor Mirroring. »