Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Won't boot into Install screen kernel panic!! - 04-21-2010, 03:45 PM

my problem is i recieved my dell mini 10v and trying to install sl from retail disc, i don't have a mac computer so i used one of the other guides to make the boot discs from windows, i have 1 maxell 2gb usb and i also tried using a memory stick pro duo 16 gb card (dont have another usb drive).
I downgraded my bios to A05 and then to A04 and change the settings accordingly, i booted into the the bootloader (maxell usb) and it showed up the Mac OS X install as an option so i select to install but this is where the problem starts i keep getting a panic screen asking to power off or reboot i tried to use other methods such as -f -x -s please can someone tell me how to get by this i uploaded some images to show you the problem

(#2) Old
Default 04-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Well, first off, go and buy a retail copy of Snow Leopard. The Pystar extension fail is a dead giveaway that you are not using a retail copy. And thus, you will not get help from folks on this board.

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.7 | 2GB | 16GB STEC | .3Mp | No BT |
BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: OFF | Bluetooth: OFF | NBI .8.4 RC1.1 (20100616212351)
Sleep: Working | Speakers: Working | Headphone Jack: Working
  (#3) Old
Default 04-21-2010, 05:00 PM

well i bought this copy of the car boot so that may explain it lol thanks

so if i can get a retail copy of SL it will install got a friend coming over with a copy of SL again thankyou for your help

« No sound in 10.6.2!!! | Cannot disable bluetooth? »