Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#11) Old
Default 10-02-2010, 01:35 AM

Ive tried everything. System restore from time machine, clone disk, fresh installs, Everything I try ends with the grey apple screen with the no entry sign above the stem of the apple. I can still boot off my external usb with 10.6.4 but cant boot off the internal hardrive. In windows I can read the drive and there is this current partition map.

NBI is creating a fourth partition could this be causing the boot issue.

1st partition 128kb or something along those lines
2nd partition efi 200mb
3rd partition OSX
4th Windows

that first partition only occurs and appears after nbi.

Ive tried .8.3 final
.8.4 rc1
and the 10.6.4 .8.4 fixed
Netbook installers

I dont see why after re runing nbi corrupted my flawless 10.6.4 install that I have had running for over a year, much less why after reformating the whole harddrive multiple times I can't even get 10.6.0 back

MacBook Mini---Black Dell Mini 10v
OS X 10.6.4 / Windows 7 Home Premium
2 GB Ram, 250gb HD, BT
SD card booting full installs of Jolicloud, Android, and XBMC
Mini 9 OS X 10.6.2 2gb Ram 16 SSD BT Mini 9 OS X 10.6.2 2gb Ram 16 SSD
  (#12) Old
Default 10-14-2010, 02:52 AM

I'm having the same problem. I can boot with recovery=y. I'm using OS X 10.6.4 and tried the most recent installer that Meklort posted to his blog (20100616212351).
  (#13) Old
Default Solution? - 10-21-2010, 12:19 AM

I was able to resolve the still waiting on root problem (and boot normally) by running UpdateExtra.App from inside the /Extra folder. I'm running OS X 10.6.4 on a Dell Mini 10v. I think the problem was with the NetbookInstaller itself. I tried every version including the one on Meklort's blog.

I also installed VoodooHDA to fix the sound problem. Headphones have lots of static until you reduce Input Gain to 0 in the VoodooHDA preferences pain.

Good luck to others. Post if this works for you.

P.S. I did delete the extra video drivers to make the boot img smaller. Not sure if that mattered.

« soundflower kills intspeakers 10.6.3 | How to Disable Touchpad »