Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Upgrade to 10.6.3 - "An error occurred during installation" - 04-15-2010, 07:48 PM

Attempted today to upgrade from 10.6.2 to 10.6.3. First installed NBI 0.8.4 RC1, no problems with that. Then used the Software Update function to download 10.6.3. Took quite a while, but seemed to download fine. But when I tried to install, got the message "An error occurred during installation." When I clicked that away, got a further message: "The update 'Mac OS X Update' can't be installed," with explanation that the update could not be expanded and might have been corrupted during download. Recommended download again. Did that, same problem. Machine reboots fine into 10.6.2.

Realize this isn't the worst of problems, but I'm going to be stuck with a poor Internet connection for the next few months and don't relish repeatedly trying to download the update and hoping for the best.

Does anyone know if this is an issue specific to the Mini 10v, or do I just need to keep downloading the update until it comes through OK? Also, is there a way to get the 10.6.3 update other than via Software Update? Many thanks.

mini 10v | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A06 w/ USB Legacy OFF | Bluetooth | Dell Wireless 1510 802.11n Half Mini Card | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI 0.8.4 RC1

« My 10v freezes and no audio? Help please. | Mac OS X Snow leopard on Dell Mini »